02 September, 2014

The first day of school



Today was Mae's first day back to school! This year she is going to a new school... This is 5K. Big stuff.  She will spend four whole days there a week—I already miss her. 

She was so terribly excited all this morning, we've had several weeks of anticipation leading up to this day. I love this child's enthusiasm! When we got to the school I thought she was going to burst to get out of her seat and leave us. The woman helping in the car line walked Mae into the school while my precious daughter skipped the whole way beside her.

She is such a delight. 

It made me so happy to see her flitting off to her day at school. 

Ian and Jovie hardly knew what to do today without her.


  

And there really was no surprise at all to see Mae over the moon when I picked her up.  "Mom I had a GREAT day" was her first words as she got up into the car. I would have to say her first day was a beaming success. 


So, I've seen these little interviews around on a few blogs and I love it. She's had something similar done for Mother's and Father's day at school, but I thought I'd ask her about some of her favorites so we could always look back and see this. You should go ask your kids these... their answers may surprise you (:

1What do you like to draw? Butterflies and People.
2. What makes you happy? The slide at the playground.
3. What makes you sad? Ian taking something from me. (This is classic little brother, am I right?)
4. What makes you laugh? My Boppy
5. How old are you? Five
6. How old is Mommy? I don't know, 15?
7. How old is Daddy? 22 or 25
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Play with play dough at school. (she got to do today!)
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? A mommy.
10. What are you really good at? Drawing hearts.
11. What is your favorite food? Macaroni and cheese & Chinese food.
12. What is your favorite song? Let it Go.  (no surprise)
13. What do you want for your birthday next year? Get my ears pierced. (surprised)
14. What does daddy do for work? He makes things.
15. What does mommy do for work?  Take care of me.
16. Where do you live? At home.
17. Where is your favorite place to go? The beach.
18. What is your favorite toy? My frozen dolls.
19. What are your favorite books? Raggedy Anne & Andy books.
20. What is love? Kissing and hugging.




3 comments:

  1. Apparently we are "TEEN" Moms. Jackson said I was 14. Mercy.... I'm delighted for Mae to have a great school for her 5K year. God has great things in store for her this year!! Much love to that sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Way to go on having a great first day, Mae (and way to go to Mommy, Ian and Jovie who missed Miss Mae today but had a good day, too)! Mae is a ray of light, and that's both due to her shiny disposition and her reflection of her mother and father.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madison started Kindergarten this year too!! Five days a week all day 😉 And McKenzie misses her but loves having Mommy to herself lol !! Mae is so Beautiful! And love her long black hair 😁

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...